Air-Conditioners are a need nowadays, especially in humid areas with high temperature. So, everyone needs it and everyone buys it but very few ever think about star ratings, insulation of room, and the coil material. Trust me they do play a major role in deciding how heavy your newly bought ac will be on your wallet in the next few years.
Let’s start with star rating:
Star rating is an important factor if you think about the long term because we all know that appliances run on electricity which might be cheaper or costlier depending on the place you live but it’s not free. That said, star rating come in various forms including but not limited to: 3 star, 5 star, 3 star inverter, 4 star inverter and 5 star inverter.
I’ve listed them in increasing order of their efficiency. So, a 3 star inverter ac will consumer less electricity than 5 star fixed-speed ac. Incase you’re wondering what fixed speed and inverter ac are here’s an overview of both:
- Fixed speed ac uses thermostat to monitor the temperature and switch the compressor on / off when the temperature is out of range.
- Inverter ac on the other hand uses an inverter to control the speed of the compressor motor, taking input from the sensors to continuously regulate the temperature.
Benefits of inverter ac?
- Less fluctuation of voltage when starting / reaching optimum temperature.
- Less noise.
- More even temperature(it never feels too hot/cold when you use an inverter ac in your room)
Insulation of room
People seldom pay attention to this part but it’s really important because it can decrease the running cost of air-conditioners drastically especially if you use it for longer periods (5-7 months per year). Unfortunately, if your house isn’t strategically planned to radiate more heat you can’t do much except applying a heat reflective coolant on your roof. Click here to view some products.
There are two types of coil material copper and aluminium. You must’ve heard of it. It’s become quite mainstream and people have started checking before buying especially in online stores like flipkart and amazon. Thanks to these customers they now list the type of condenser coil. There are several benefits of buying copper coil ac such as:
- Copper has higher thermal conductivity than aluminium hence it’ll cool the room faster.
- It’s stronger than aluminium hence it lasts longer.
- It’s easier to clean and repair.
While these are the pros, there’s a con too and that’s the cost. Copper is costlier than aluminium hence you’ll have to pay extra to get those advantages.
Here’s a calculator to help you decide which ac type will suit your need:
Buying an air-conditioner is more difficult than buying a good smartphone. I suggest that you give some time for research and decide what’s best for you. Here’s a list of air-conditioners you can buy from amazon. Get best deals on Air-Conditioners this summer only on amazon.in
Comment if you need any help.